My photo
Lord, shine in me and so be in me that all whom I come in contact may know thy presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. John Henry Newman

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Auctions turn up treasures

These two chairs were auction finds in the Northern Neck area of Virginia. They were outside of the main building and being sold along with the box lot items. They were in horrible condition as far as the padding, and stained up fabric. However, underneath it all, the bones looked worthy and my interest was peaked enough to hang around for the bidding. Well, the first chair was the channel back one and the auctioneer was trying to get $5.00. I was just getting ready to bid when he threw in the second chair. I got in the race and won the chairs at a whopping $5.00.  Haa, I was beyond excited. Once home, I went shopping for some fabric and headed up to the Upholstering shop and had them transformed. They are lovely and now I really have the fever for more auction treasures.

No comments: